So you have decided to make this year YOUR year and you are going to be working from home full time or part-time. You are going to be your OWN BOSS! Excellent! You are off to a great start!
Now the question is WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The key is to BRAND YOU!
Branding is about your mission! Your message Online! How you want to show up in the world online.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before branding yourself online:
1. Who are my ideal customers?
2. What customer base do I already have?
3. Who are my competitors?
4. How are my competitors branding themselves online?
5. What problem does my company solve?
6. Is there a market for this solution?
7. Are my products or services unique?
8. When people think about my products or services what associations do they have about it?
9. What are the emotional benefits that only my products or services can give to my clients?
10. What kind of personality will my brand have?
Feel free to download for your personal use
We all love following certain people especially when we connect with their methods. The hard part is getting their attention.
Here are 8 tips that can help you:
1. Creating content that is better than your competitors. Yes, create content that people will want to share.
2. Set up a notification or add their blog to your RSS feed to make sure you’re one of the first to share their content after it’s published.
This will help them identify you as an influencer – and increase the chances they’ll return the favor and share your content as well.
3. Link to your influencer’s content from your own pages, and they will see your domain show up in their backlink analysis.
They’ll probably get curious about the context of the link and click through to your site.
At the same time, if your links start generating real traffic for their blog, that’s a favor they may want to return.
4. Write a blog post that features your influencer or their site. Then reach out to them and tell them they were featured. Provide a link to the post to make it easy for them to share.
5. Target influencers to draw in people who are looking for influencers themselves, or who want to build partnerships for other reasons. Doing this will increase the chances that they reach out to you, because they want to appear in your content.
6. If you’re looking to get the word out about a product or service you offer, try giving your influencers a free sample, a sneak peak, or a free trial. Make sure whatever you offer is exclusive. Influencers will be less enthusiastic about a free trial if it’s available to everyone.
Giving an influencer exclusive access to your product or service encourages them to write a review about it and share their experiences, especially if the product piques the interest of their own audience.
7. The best bloggers (and influencers) make a habit of responding to comments and questions on their blog posts.
Be a conversation starter by commenting on their blog posts – your influencer will appreciate it. Make sure you have a clear name and photo on your Gravatar account, so the influencer will recognize you on other platforms as well.
8. Follow them on other Social Networks. Repinning their pins on Pinterest or rescooping their curated content on Scoop.it will make it easier to stand out, since there’s less engagement noise on these platforms. And seeing that you follow all their social profiles will show them you have real interest.
The use of social networking sites to connect people has become so widespread today. But other than those who just want to communicate with friends, old and new, social media is also currently being taken advantage by business oriented people as a way to reach their target clients and improve their businesses.
People involved in small business have found a powerful marketing tool in these social networking sites.
Among the top social media used by business people today are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. By using these sites, you are able to expose your business to more people, at both a local and international level.
Facebook has become highly popular in recent years attracting millions of users from across the globe. This popularity has, in fact, led the site’s management to offer marketing platforms that encourage people to share their business endeavors and build communities as well.
To use Facebook to your advantage, make sure to create an interesting personal profile page. Include photos and business information that will attract visitors and encourage them to read through your profile.
Update your information regularly so that existing and potential clients know what you’re up to. Discuss recent happenings regarding your business and interact with readers who post comments on your page.
Be friendly at all times and don’t forget to create a “fans” page and invite clients to join.
In just a few years, Twitter has attracted a steady following that is increasing rapidly as the “buzz” around Twitter spreads. This is the power of social networking sites – they are viral.
One advantage of Twitter over the others is that it lifts the lid on the activities and conversations of other people. What we are seeing today is news being reported on Twitter before the media even has a chance to tell us.
For business people who want to maximize the vast communication potential of this social networking site, it is best to be consistent when tweeting (telling people what you are doing).
This means not only providing information to your followers about what you are up to with your business, but also adding value. You need to share tools, tips and strategies and make your updates interesting and engaging.
LinkedIn is an ideal site for entrepreneurs because it gives you the opportunity to grow your business using less of your own money. How? LinkedIn is used by many professionals to search for potential employees and also as a means to expand their business contacts.
Providing a detailed profile (business information and photos) is the best way to expand your network of contacts through LinkedIn.
You can include a link to your website or blog for those people looking to access more information about you and your business.
Interaction is key and you can do this by answering questions that provide valuable and interesting information.
YouTube is a phenomenal success in terms of video sharing on the internet. This social networking site has become the Number 2 search engine, behind Google.
If you have not tried live video streaming as a marketing tool for your business yet, it is time to jump in front of the camera. Videos are very powerful tools in drawing online traffic.
Create a short but clear video featuring yourself talking about your business and how you started out. Tell them about your journey, provide them with success stories and share your passion about your business.
Create several short videos (perhaps video seminars you conduct, presentations you make, or other business projects) and upload them on YouTube. Make sure that you post your videos in the category relevant to your business to draw the right target audience.
In using social media to market and improve your business, building trust with your audience is essential. You can only do this by being honest and providing consistently interesting, useful and valuable information. What matters most is that you share your experiences and knowledge. Doing so can influence people’s lives and encourage them to take action.
By Wendy Moore
Copyright 2009 Savvy Web Women Pty Ltd
Wendy Moore is founder of http://www.affluencia.com and creator of http://www.SavvyWebWomen.com – inspiring events and programs that show women with client facing small businesses how to better monetize existing clients, attract new ones and create clicks and cash profits online utilizing the power of the Internet.